Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

SUPERTRASH

Last Sunday I went to the SUPERTRASH film festival in Portland. The festival was all weekend, but I could only make it for a while on Sunday. It was held at the Baghdad Theatre/Pub. It was the first time I'd been to that theatre and it was pretty neat. The theatre had every other row ripped out and replaced with a bench for food and drinks. I went with my father-in-law Randy and we split a pitcher of Terminator Stout and some popcorn.

The exhibition was small, in the lobby. I took some photos of the pieces that can be seen here. It was fairly packed when I went through so I didn't get too many pictures, but I did get at least one of mine and my friends who submitted. Here is the piece I submitted (from a previous post).

I overheard someone say the liked Ulises' 'Deathrace 2000' poster. And when I went to look at the purchasable prints, the seller said someone had inquired about my poster. (I'm sure Gabe's and Ben's were also big hits, I just didn't here them mentioned). My favorite poster overall was probably the one for Samuel Fuller's THE STEEL HELMET. It was just very well done. I also liked seeing DASH SHAW's interpretation of EXORCIST 2.

There were a lot of great movies playing there, but most of them I'd seen already. I hadn't seen ROBOCOP 2 before (or at least didn't remember it) so we stayed for that. It was not the best print of the movie, but neat to see it on the big screen.

I think they are still accepting submissions for future shows and a possible book published by FANTAGRAPHICS. More information can be found on their MySpace page.

1 comment:

thomas pitilli said...

Cool pics. Sounds like a lot of fun!