Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sour - Illustration Friday



So I used a little different of a process this week, parts of it I liked and others I didn't. I can see that in the end result. I started off with a pencil sketch. I kind of had a loose idea of how I wanted it to look anyways and I pretty much captured that. I think it would've lost a lot more life had I NOT done a pencil sketch. I scanned the sketch and outlined my shapes in illustrator. I think that's where I went wrong. The illustrator shapes are just a little too rigid. Next time I'll remember that and probably hand draw each shape over a lightbox. I took the pieces into photoshop, messed with layer options and threw in some grunge effects. Then cropped it all down. So I liked some of the process, but I should've done it a little more hand drawn and a little less computer aided. But it's done, thats whats important - and I learned from it.

2 comments:

lindsay.illustration@gmail.com said...

Congrats on trying new methods! That can always be scary. I like the color combinations.

Edwin Vazkez said...

I think the color combinations would have worked stronger if you had a white background. Let those colors breathe.

On that note, I really like it. I can tell the computer stuff which is kind of a goal not to do, unless that is what is aimed for.